Wednesday, March 25, 2020

INSPIRE: Touge Factory (TF-Works) wide +50mm EK front fender

I mentioned in my previous post that there are a few blogs I want to do to log what other Honda guys are doing that inspire me right now. I have lots of ideas on this and need to start somewhere. So, I'll start with some of the street cars that I'm digging lately. 

LATOMMYLA and his zenki EK hatch "test fitting" Volk TE37 in 17x9 :O
"LATOMMYLA" has a very popular (in the Honda circles) YouTube channel and Instagram page. He lives in the San Diego area. He's had his YouTube channel rocking for like 2-3 years. He's had a couple EK chassis Civics. He works for a Honda dealership. He appears to be a young single dude living with his brother and parents and living the 90's era-Honda dream. :) He has a customer colored green (honestly I don't know what the name or code of the color is, but every time he has to paint fenders or bumper, it needs to be done at least twice to get the color to match the rest of the car). The EK hatch that makes up most of his posts and videos is not his daily driver. I've been following him since soon after buying my own EK hatch. I've learned a lot. Go check him out! Here's a link to his YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LalalaToMi
Tommy changes his wheels all the time. Usually its 16x8 very class and expensive legit Japanese wheels like Volk TE37 or Regamaster EVO. He runs sticky high quality tires, usually Falken Azenis. His suspension is pretty low but not "stance" low. What he's done recently has really inspired me! He bought some fiberglass Touge Factory wide front fenders. Then he took pictures test fitting 17x9 +15mm bronze Volk TE37, which is a Nissan GTR (R32, R33, R34) fitment/size. Wow! On a little Honda Civic! So aggressive! He is running 235/40/17 tires. He then finally found some black 17x9 +18mm Regamasters to match his 16x8 rears. 
LATOMMYLA with the "final" look, 17x9 Regamaster EVOs and 235/40/17 Falken Azenis under the Touge Factory TF-Works wide +50mm front fenders

Once I found out where these wide fenders are from, I quickly googled more images. I think separately (can't remember, I was in a search frenzy, going down the rabbit hole), I found Instagram account "shuhei1212" who lives in Japan. He has a white EK9 (Civic Typer R) with these front fenders and runs bronze Volk TE37v (v for vintage fitment/size) with what look like 225/50/15 Advan tires. These wide TF fenders are just so killer! 
Instagram member "shuhei1212" from Japan rocking the TF-Works on his Kouki EK Hatch. Those Volk TE37v and Advan meaty rubber look killer!

So, if you want to get a set of these fenders for your EK hatch, drop by Touge Factory's TF-Works website and drop down $400 + $120 shipping! It's definitely on my wish list. 
https://www.tf-works.com/tfworks-honda-civic-ek-kouki-99-00-50mm-wide-front-fenders/
The fenders are +50mm, which for those non-metric folks (like me) that's 50/25.4 = 1.97" inches. You can get them in zenki (1996-98) or kouki (1999-00) models. 
Shuhei1212 with Touge Factory wide EK fenders and TE37v's!
Shuhei1212 front quarter view! Along with the TF-Works fenders, he's also got the TF-Works carbon fiber brake duct and Tactical Art front lip! Except for the sunroof, this is a perfect set up in my opinion! Inspiring!

So, while my car is a street driven, daily driver, my biggest inspiration and end goal is to have a track/time attack build. So, I see these fenders as a way to get wide front wheels and tires for more grip at the track. I'd try and fit 17x9 wheels with 255/40/17 or even 275/40/17 tires. :) he he The first step would most likely be some 15x9s with 245/45/15 or 225/45/15 sticky rubbers. A boy can wish!

No comments: