Saturday, November 25, 2023

OLD CROW 3V Mustang: Bolognas Arrive and Wheel Test Fit!

 The bolognas have arrived! Arby's, we have the meats! The Hecht boys have called big tires meats or bolognas (pronouced boh-log-nuhs) for decades! These are the biggest wheels and tires I have ever had on a car. The tires showed up today and so of course, we had to unbox them and check them out, make sure they're all the right size, etc.

Ok, the first money shot of this blog post is 2 of the Conti meats stacked with the iPhone wide angle lens!!! So sick!!!! Grippy bois!!!


Here I am with a pic of my tires. Big smile! I did weigh the Continental ECFs and they measured 27.6lbs. With the SVE R357 wheels weighing 22.8lbs, that brings us to a combined weight of 50.4lbs. I did weigh the stock 17s and oem tire size and they weighed 48.6lbs. So, that is a 1.8lbs increase with the new bigger/wider setup. 

SVE R357 19x11 +50mm / Continental ECF 295/30/19 = 50.4lbs
OEM 17x8 / Michelin all season 235/55/17 = 48.6lbs

Here's a couple pics when they arrived from the FedEx truck today.


Tight fit in there!

Of course, I had to set one next to the stockies! That's a sizeable increase in width! Love it! The tread pattern looks so aggressive too! I've always cheesed out and bought the cheapest all seasons I could find on eBay. I think the most I had spent on tires before this was like $650 for the bimmers set of Accelera 265/35/18 and 245/35/18 tires on 18x9.5 and 18x8.5s. The last Suby had 18x9.5 with 255/35/18 Falken FK510s but I didn't buy those.

So, after I picked up the last of the fall leaves (24 bags give or take this year yikes!), I decided to jack the Crow up and test fit the wheels.

Here's a not so great view of the rear wheel fitment. It has maybe 3/8" of an inch clear with the oem strut. Crazy how the lower control arm mounting structure fits inside the wheel. 
Had to get this shot with this angle of the rear spoiler!
Front quarter view!
At first I was just gonna put this one on the rear. But the stock 17" was looking so lame I had to go get another one to put on the front.
This view is my new desktop background for my laptop! haha It looks killer guys!!! The front wheel is resting on the studs, not fully seated. The inner lip of the wheel is sitting on the front strut. LOL I knew that would be the case. 

I love the color combination of the Vapor Silver Ford color with the Gloss Graphite wheel color! I will honestly say, before I finalized my color choice on the wheels, I was wondering if it would be too much silver color. As you can see, the color is a nice contrast. The wheels are dark enough to give good contrast but the gloss and metallic in the wheel really highlights the spokes in different angles and lighting. It looks awesome!!!

While I was at it, I detailed with the car after dusting it with my "California duster" I've had for 22 years or so.

My last comment here is I really love this Vapor Silver color on the 2005-2009 Mustang. Every body panel and feature pops with a different shade of silver. It really highlights the body shapes and design. With Brent's buff job the other week, she's looking great!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shes gunna look cleeeeeeaaan